Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Danger Will Robinson!

My daughter asked me to replace the battery on her Tamagotchi and as I was disassembling it, I noticed a little warning next to the battery compartment that said:
"CAUTION: Battery harmful if swallowed".
Really? I mean, you don't say....Have we come to the point in our overly litigious,Nanny State that we have to warn people that it's probably not a good idea to let your kids eat batteries?
This is the part where I go on my old man rant about how when WE were kids, we didn't have bicycle helmets, baby gates, or even poison labels! Hell, if little Jimmy keeled over after drinking that stuff on a dare, well, you'd just remember not to drink that stuff!Dagnabit, when I was a kid, we had it tough!

Anyway, there are enough other people out there who feel the same way that they've collected a few of these gems.
One of my favorites:
"Caution: Remove infant before folding for storage." -- On a portable stroller.
*sigh*
See to believe:
Shouldn't it be obvious?
Don't put crap into your mouth
Remove the sun shade before driving your car...

No comments: