Friday, January 26, 2007

Cluster

Remember my plaintive post about how nobody reads my blog? Yeah, I know, what a freakin' whiner.

Well, I found a tool that will show me the geographical location of my visitors(if any).
It's from ClustrMaps and it's on the right sidebar..a little ways down.
On my site it's pretty pathetic...not too many visitors right now, but what I find intriguing is trying to guess who I know in that part of the world that might be visiting.

I know the dot in the SF Bay Area is large because I access this site to add posts, etc. But, what re those dots in the Mid-West? I already know the East Coast(Thanks Paracelsus) and Florida( Hi elf)....but not the others. At any rate, as ridiculous as it sounds, it's pretty fun. Kind of like throwing a message in a bottle out to sea. Good, clean, lonlely fun.

2 comments:

Ned said...

Don't forget about all the people who read your blog through its RSS feed (that's where I go first). That won't show up on yer map there. So you could easily have one MILLION times as many people as you think.

St. Frank said...

Oh my god, you're absolutley right! Wait, does my hair look ok? How about this shirt....Is it too much?